Petrotrade has also introduced Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) into its product offering. The gas is presently available at seven Petrotrade Service Stations namely; Warren Park, Rusape, Gweru, Matshobana, Chinhoyi (Mzari), Karoi and Plumtree. Through the inclusion of gas, Petrotrade believes that it can contribute to broadening the country’s mix of energy sources.
Safety tips for LPG
LPG is safe to use if handled and used correctly
- Never attempt any Do It Yourself (DIY) fixes or installations.
- Keep LPG cylinders out of the reach of children.
- Train all would-be users.
- Service equipment (burners sometimes get clogged with soot), connections between the cylinder and the appliance may be damaged by rodents or damaged through poor handling.
- Leaks can occur from loose valves and pipe connections. LPG cylinders are strong and not easily damaged, although the valve at the top can be vulnerable to impact.
- Use an approved cylinder. Beware of fake cylinders, methyl bromide and fire extinguishers among other containers have been illegally modified into LPG cylinders.
- Ensure that gas is used in well ventilated spaces, failure to do so may have disastrous health effects.
- When leaving the premises for a long period of time, disconnect the cylinder altogether.